That’s right – I’m on fire! Of course, that sounds like something a man who calls himself BeefGriller would say, doesn’t it? Or, perhaps, a Bruce Springsteen fan would say it. But, no, in this case I’m saying it because I was nominated by blogger Nicole Michelle for the Blog On Fire Award. This is the first blog award that I’ve received and accepted. (I was nominated by another wonderful person, but I’ve yet to accept it formally – I can’t fulfill the requirements just yet.)
Nicole Michelle’s nomination is an honor for me, and very humbling – I’m not the most regular blogger, despite my desire to be. But, that’s perhaps a story for another time.
While reading her post about the award, I found that she was nominated by Ashleigh of Beauty Still Remains. Well, this lead to me tracing the award nomination back through the ages. Why? I guess because I’m sort of OCD like that. Do you know what I learned? Two things:
- At some point, the image of the award itself changed from that on the left to that on the right. Why? I don’t know – I didn’t find any explanation for that. For completeness’ sake, I’ve posted both.
- Some of the folks made it difficult for me to find their nomination and/or their nominees. That’s why I stopped after eight generations or so back.
The rules for accepting the Blog On Fire Award are simple:
- List eight things about yourself.
- Nominate other blogs for the award.
Fairly simple, I think.
Eight Things About Me
Without further adieu, here are my eight things about myself:
- I’m kind of OCD about things. For example, I will spend entirely too much effort trying to trace a blog award back. But this OCD only seems to manifest for things that I actually care about or enjoy. I suppose that’s where my geekiness shows.
- I was a lifeguard for two summers – 1987 and 1988. I worked at a community association known as the Levittown Public Recreation Association. The second summer I was an assistant manager at the Pinewood pool.
- Although my current career is in information technology, I received my degree in mechanical engineering.
- I am an adoptee. My adoptive parents got me when I was five days old, so I know nothing about my birth parents. I’m quite content with this, and have decided against finding or contacting them(for now at least).
- I love spicy food! My favorite hot sauce is Tabasco, but I started with Frank’s Red Hot, which is still one of my favorite. When I go to a restaurant, I will always try their hottest food. It turns out that, generally speaking, Americans are wimps when it comes to spicy food.
- I worked for 4-1/2 years at a school as the IT person. While there, I also taught some classes. It is the reason I have so much respect for teachers now. I miss teaching very, very much, but that chapter of my life is written.
- I know many people, and am friendly with them, but I don’t give the title “Friend” lightly. My friends are family to me, and I cherish them.
- I have very strong willpower, but I have to care about something to tap into it. Does that mean I don’t really have strong willpower? I don’t think so, but one could argue that. Regardless, once I decide to do something and stick with it, it’s a done deal.
Here’s where I get to pass on the Blog On Fire Award to whom I think deserve it. Oh, the power!
- The Kit Kat Sisters
- The Iron Tavern
- Hunter’s Haven
- The Grumpy I.T. Guy
- The Fence
- Stormin’ Da Castle
- The Brew Newb
There you have it! Thanks again to Nicole Michelle for the nomination.